Effective Date: June 12, 2014
- The types of information YIX may collect, or information that you may provide when you purchase, download, install, register with, access or use the YIX App (the “App”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other apps or websites (whether provided by YIX or not), including websites you may access through this App.
- You provide to, or is collected by, any third party (See Third Party Information).
Our other websites and apps, the websites and apps of third parties and any other third party you provide information to each have their own privacy practices and/or policies. We encourage you to read their policies before providing information on or through them.
Children under the Age of 13
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect the following kinds of information from and about users of the App, each of these sections is discussed in more detail below.
- Information that you provide directly (See Information You Provide to US)
- Information that is automatically collected when you use the App (See Automatically Collected Information and Tracking)
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with or use this App, you may be asked to provide the following information:
- Registration information: First name, last name, e-mail address, password, social media credentials or other identifier, gender, locale data (language and regional data), or age range.
- Responses to surveys: If we ask you to fill out a survey, and you do so, we will collect your response to the survey questions along with personally identifiable information or contact information.
- Reporting Problems: When you report a problem with the App we will ask for personally identifiable information about you, your use of the App and the problem you experienced.
- Correspondence: If you correspond with us via email or other communication method, we may record copies of your correspondence including any contact information you provide us such as address, phone number or the email address from which you correspond.
- Game Details: In the App you may provide us with certain information like custom prompts or custom GIFs which may be associated with other information you provide us or which we automatically collect. When you use the App the Game Details are published or displayed within the game you play within the App. Certain Game Details will be viewable by other App users outside of the game in which they are shared, such as custom prompts or custom GIFs. Your Game Details are transmitted at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you share your Game Details or other App users. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Game Details will not be republished, or viewable by persons outside of the specific game or the App.
We may associate all of the information above with other information provided to us, or with automatically collected information.
Automatically Collected Information and Tracking
When you download, access and use the App, we may automatically collect:
- App Usage Details: When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, locale data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Game Details: Details of transactions you carry out through the App, like the in-game actions you make, such as likes, plays, favorites, judges, winning rounds, wins, pick prompts, pick GIFs, custom GIFs, custom prompts, share GIF, flagged GIFs or other game actions. When you use the App the Game Details are published or displayed within the game you play within the App. Certain Game Details will be viewable by other App users outside of the game in which they are shared, such as custom prompts or custom GIFs. Your Game Details are transmitted at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you share your Game Details or other App users. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Game Details will not be republished, or viewable by persons outside of the specific game or the App.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files: If you enable a feature within the App which allows the App to access information on your mobile device, the App may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, photographs, audio and video clips, contacts and address book information.
- Third Party Account Information: If you choose to access or interact with any third party platform, through your account with such third party platform or otherwise, we may receive information about you from the third party platform. For example, this means is that if you connect to the App through a social media platform like Facebook, Facebook will provide us certain information about your Facebook account, like your Facebook ID picture, username, or contact list.
We may associate the information above with other information we receive from you or other automatically collected information.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies): A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons: Pages of the App may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit YIX, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related App statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may associate automatically collected information with information your provide us.
Third-party Information Collection
When you use the App, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Analytics companies (aggregated non-identifiable information only)
- Your mobile device manufacturer
- Your mobile service provider
- Other third party platforms such as social media platforms you choose to interact with via the App, app platforms where you download the App
- Payment processors
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the App. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about any third party’s practices you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you, or that you provide to us, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information
- Improve the content or functionality of the App
- Give you notices about your account
- Carry out our obligations or enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- Notify you when App updates are available, or changes to any products or services we offer or provide through the App
- Respond to your correspondence or to errors in the App
- Protect or detect fraud, intellectual property infringement or other misuse of the App or to investigate claims made
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns or how you, or users in general, interact with the App
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests
- Recognize you when you use the App
Disclosure of Your Information
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business
- In connection with an event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of YIX Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by YIX, Inc. about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- With your consent
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, any terms of sale and for billing and collection
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of YIX, Inc. our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- The App uses third party service providers to provide us with analytical data about your use of the App. This aggregated analytics data does not identify any particular user and may be shared with third parties.
We do not share information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure.
Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
You may stop all collection of information by the App by uninstalling the App from your device. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
You may opt out of App notifications by disabling or changing the related functionality or setting in your device.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an e-mail at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may not be able to delete all information about your use of the App, in which case we will let you know what information cannot be deleted and why.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain information for as long as you use the App and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you’d like us to delete your information that you have provided via the App, please contact us at [email protected] and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the information you provide may be required in order for the App to function properly. If you uninstall the App we may continue to retain certain information about you and your use of the App.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Summary of Changes: No Changes to Date.
PO BOX 6542
Portland, OR 97228